Strip For Me

A blog to help the busy on-the-go cosmopolitan type keep track of the many changes going on over at the Strip For Me site by Douglas Noble. What a great comic site that is, eh?

Sunday, December 03, 2006

 

Hello, my people. Welcome once more to the exciting on-line world of Strip For Me. One more new page of The Silent Choir this week, as we move forward with that toward its eventual conclusion. As ever, there's also The Rule of Death at serializer.net or here for the latest installment.

Quick thought - as I write this on Sunday evening, Torchwood, the BBC's new science-fiction series, has just finished. I've just put on a DVD of Quatermass 2, also by the BBC and first shown in 1958. The difference is frightening. Unfortunately, things haven't got better in the last 50 years or so, but rather quite the opposite. I'm not sure why Torchwood seems so offensive to me, as it's relatively harmless. I suppose it might be something to do with the dreadful sense that it's a wasted opportunity - the dreadful feeling that there are no new ideas being used in the series. I anxiously hope that I'm wrong. Ah, well. In fifty years time we'll still be watching Quatermass on the holo-players in our jethomes, and Torchwood will likely be no more than CD-boxset landfill.

Here's something else - my good friend Dr Chris Murray writes to inform me of a call for papers for a new comics conference to be held in Dundee next May. All you academic types should get scribbling now - full details in the image below.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   December 2006   September 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?